[Participant in the Royal Road Writathon, November 2021]
For the longest time, Aideen Fiachna had only one prescient wish; to be the daughter her parents could take pride in.
The idea was a tall order, especially as her father stood at the head of the Templar order, and her grandfather as the Pope. However, she endeavored to try nonetheless.
Yet fate had a different path in store for her.
For all her efforts, all her best laid plans, were but the broken off crumbs of 'one day'. That day, she was brutally slain by a vile, accursed undead being.
Though, not even restful eternity awaited her in death.
She awakened inside a coffin. Her coffin. During her own funeral wake. Discovering, to her horror, that she had risen. Not somehow resurrected, no, but back in the form of that most hated of beings--the curse of undeath.
What will fate deal her next?
Chapters will range from 1-2.5k words, scheduled for release every day from Monday to Friday.
-Character progression in a journey of self discovery that spanned the ages
-Tragedy and Comedy in roughly equal measures
Do not expect:
-Much in terms of romance
-Politics, barring passing views and mentions
-A lighthearted tale. This story will be a good bit grimmer than my previous one
Any comments, reviews, and criticism will be much appreciated.
And thank you for reading.
Disclaimer: This story is my original work and only posted on the Royal Road website. If you should find this story elsewhere or under another name, please let me know.
Also please don't be too hard on me when I make occasional grammatical mistakes, English is my third language after all. XD
Edit suggestions are very welcome though.
1. Prologue - A Restful Peace...
2. Chapter 1 - Denied Forevermore...
3. Chapter 2 - Botched Exorcism
4. Chapter 3 - The Bone Lord
5. Chapter 4 - Birth of the Unliving
6. Chapter 5 - Refuge in Audacity
7. Chapter 6 - The Bone Lord's Domain
8. Chapter 7 - Palace of Bones
9. Chapter 8 - The Bone Lord's True Visage
10. Chapter 9 - Dinner in the Palace of Bones
11. Chapter 10 - Teachers & Training
12. Chapter 11 - Laborious Lessons Learned
13. Chapter 12 - Every Journey began with a small step
14. Chapter 13 - News from Home
15. Chapter 14 - A Thoughtless Provocation
16. Chapter 15 - A Convenient Excuse
17. Chapter 16 - An Example to be Made
18. Chapter 17 - A Battle to be Fought
19. Chapter 18 - A Displeasure to be Made Known
20. Chapter 19 - A Reunion amidst a Field of Corpses
21. Chapter 20 - A Change in Plans
22. Chapter 21 - An Indignation to be Conveyed
23. Chapter 22 - An Anthem of Blood and Carnage
24. Chapter 23 - A Silence before the Storm
25. Chapter 24 - A Decisive Clash to Claim Destiny
26. Chapter 25 - An Ignominious End for A Nation
27. Chapter 26 - To Rebuild a People
28. Side Story 1 - An Orphan Girl and her Little "Friends"
Earth Elemental Reincarnation
Atlas was going for a hike when a rogue landslide buried him alive. He then woke up as a earth Elemental in a different world. this is my first time trying to write a novel.7.91 169
A world without words — is a dull one. Words brought about communication. It brought forth harmony and conflict. For a world to exist without it, it would bring about melancholy. There would be no noise. Zachary Ashworth aspires to be a brilliant author one day. However, one problem lies ahead of him. After years of desiring nothing but to shun out people and their noise, he can no longer see the world, for it’s only colorless. "A wish for faint light. A wish for greater blight. By the by, do you crave desire?" Said the faceless man hanging from the ceiling. This was a story for a wonderland. Cover and Art Illustrated by Hayato Noda8 157
Reverse Scale: Draconic Rebirth
Inside of the carcas of the Dragon Emperor, there a new life was born. New? Not exactly... More like reincarnated.8 73
God of the Isekai
When a grave disaster happens to Tomini's world he is left with no choice but to create a new one. Leaving behind the old world for this new reality will the same disater befall him.8 143
The Ultimate Yōkai Guide
This guide contains information about yōkai from Japanese folklore along with examples from various media.8 202
The Hunters Of Artemis (JOIN!)
Are you a girl looking for a place? Well that's us! We are the immortal unflirtable hunters and you can become one of us by reading this!8 83